- In 2016, I received the Faculty Excellence Award in Online Teaching from the College of Arts and Sciences. I was also the recipient of Valdosta State University’s 2016 President’s Award for Excellence in Online Teaching.
- I was selected to serve as a VSU Faculty Scholar for the Innovative Designs for Enhancing the Academy (IDEA) Center for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- My article, “A closer look at the output hypothesis: The effect of pushed output on noticing and inductive learning of the Spanish future tense” was a finalist for the ACTFL-NFMLTA/MLJ Paul Pimsleur Award for Research in Foreign Language Education in 2015.
Dr. Anne Nerenz, the editor of Foreign Language Annals, nominated me for this award.
- I was a national selection panelist for the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship in 2015
- My course, Second Language Acquisition Theory and Practice (FLED 7500 / ESOL 4060), earned Quality Matters Certification in June of 2013.
- In 2013, I received an outstanding service award from the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) Research Special Interest Group (SIG)